Welcome to the Healthy Bites Blog!!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Finally back online!

My internet was down for what seemed like eternity! I managed to be super productive though. I organized my husband's sock and underwear drawer, his clothes and a junk drawer. It doesn't seem like a lot now that I am typing it, but it was a task! I also took a nap with my boys, something that I never do because I find lots to do when they sleep. It was good times. However, I was disconnected and it sucked. This is totally unrelated to my business, but whatever...

I haven't made treats since I want them fresh when I get my tail back to market night. I haven't been able to go because I was an idiot. I was backing out my stick-shift and apparently my mind thought I was driving an automatic. I had one foot in the car on the brake and the other sticking out of the open door. I DID shift it into reverse and thought, "NBD, I'll just back it up a few feet so I can open the gate and pull my bike out to go for a ride..." Well the car picked up speed faster than my mind could realize how dumb I was and before I could stop the car myself a huge and unmovable planter decided it would be of more help than my feet. Needless to say I bent the door so far back that the door barely closes and it's not a pretty sight... AND it's about $1000 to fix...Ugh... That happened 2 weeks ago and I am hoping we can get it fixed next week.

Here's a picture of it, not that it's that noticeable in this picture.. The damage is more noticeable when you try to open or close the door!

My two boys, Dylan (3) and Ryan (2), saw I had the camera and wanted me to take a picture of them.. lol... I couldn't resist.


However, in my time away from the internet I did find time to make some pet beds. I have my friend Janet's order for a bed with matching pillow and throw blanket. It's a super cute fleece pattern that she picked out. The first one I made I didn't realize the text would be backwards on one side, and I finally realized it after I sealed it. I set it down and thought,"Alright, looks good.. wait a second... DANG IT!"

I tried to undo the stitching but I have the machine set on the tightest stitch for ultimate strength. It wasn't gonna happen. Needless to say, Janet is getting 2 beds for her pup! ;)

The second go at it I got it right and it came out really cute. I didn't realize that fleece would have as many challenges as it did, but I am proud of how it came out. I really like the little pillow that I made to match. I agree, this is a completely useless item for a dog, but it's cute and I threw it in for free since I had the fabric and she wanted one. She is a great and loyal customer so she deserves it.



I have a matching blanket in the works. I started one but am not happy with it at all. I am planning another hancock fabric's run to get some more of the fleece. So, Janet might end up with two blankets too! ;) I couldn't really keep one for myself since I have 2 boy dogs and 2 boy kids! Hopefully next time I will mess up on a boy's order so I can keep the mess up for one of my dogs (or kids.. I mean, a pillow is a pillow and a blankie is a blankie, right?).


Well, that's all for now. I will post pictures of this and the other blanket when I finish them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment