Welcome to the Healthy Bites Blog!!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thinkin' Green... The "Green Peace Pup"

My latest pet bed is huge and sends a positive message. This bed promotes recycling and wind energy! It's cute and I loved the prints. I bought them pre-cut (which made them more expensive) but it saved me on time and it confirmed that the patterns would match. I really love it! I had to sew the four patterns on one at a time (that took the longest). Then I had to sew it to the bottom fabric, which is black. The measurements ended up being about 35in x 35in x 6.5in. It really is huge. It's available now for $50.

It took me about 4 hours to make and stuff. It has five pounds of hypoallergenic stuffing and it is so soft! All materials indicate that they can be machine washed cold (no bleach), but I would be amazed to see if fit inside a residential sized washer. It's all 100% cotton fabric so I wouldn't dry it, but if it was dried it would be fine. I stand by my work 100% and if in ever needs repairs or re-stuffing I will do it no problem!

I like to call this bed... "Green Peace Pup." The pattern has peace signs, as you can see.



We're diggie-sitting Fiona and as soon as I started to take pictures she was snooping around. It didn't take long for this spoiled pup to realize this beast of a pillow was for dogs and she jumped up onto my bed and made herself comfortable on the "Green Peace Pup." She is such a sucker, but she made for a great model. Now you can really tell this is one green giant of a pillow! I am sure it would fit a large breed! It's my biggest pillow yet and I am so proud of how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment