Welcome to the Healthy Bites Blog!!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New to the Blogging Community

Well, well, well.... It seems that I have succumbed to the peer pressure of starting a blog. I wasn't totally against it, just lazy. I shall turn this into a grand adventure to better myself and chat up my new business, Healthy Bite Dog Treats.

To start, my name is Audrey, nicknamed Odie (don't ask, it's really a lame story). I have such a heart for animals it drives my loving husband crazy! He has survived 6 years of continuous begging for various dogs and pets. What can I say, I love animals! (I often get mocked for this too, but it's cool). God gave me this heart and 3 years ago he gave me a vision for Healthy Bite. I have a long term goal and several short term goals. With this blog I will take you along with me as I conquer various obstacles and become an empire of the best treats ever (probably a slight over exaggeration). Only 6 months ago did I really venture out of fear to begin my journey. Thus far I have met some incredible, dog loving people and I have made some good and not so good treats.

But, more about Healthy Bite Dog Treats. These treats are wholesome snacks for dogs. They are made from 100% human-grade ingredients and provide dogs with nutrition without preservatives or additives. We believe that if you wanted to you could eat them too (and I have... so have some clients. They are THAT good). As far as Healthy Bite's mission, I want my treats to be of homemade quality and love, delicious and wholesome. I also think it's important the treats provide essential nutrients through the ingredients, not through additives. It is my goal to provide preservative-free treats that are made using only the best ingredients and eventually I want an entire organic line. (It's just a little expensive right now). I believe that less is more and that the simpler the recipe is, the more your pet will enjoy it. I believe that my treats are sure to please your pet, and if they don’t I can customize any recipe to suit your furry friend.

I also have a desire to create treats for dogs with special needs. I want to supply the world of picky and allergy-stricken dogs with treats that are customized to their needs. I do have some gluten free treats (like the Sweet Bean Balls, pictured) and treats without corn, but eventually I would love to have more special requests for dogs who need a treat that suits their particular situation. I think dogs with cancer, allergies, or any other ailment should have the pleasure of being rewarded with treats too! This is where my desire to provide treats for dogs with special needs comes from.

Well I think this is long enough for my first post... I will post some pictures soon. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment