Welcome to the Healthy Bites Blog!!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ode to Bean


Our time as foster parents has been awesome. The little dog Bean came into our lives scared and timid, but he leaves a confident and more socialized dog. He, just like any dog, has his issues, but he has come a LONG way! He's the best! He will walk with you, run with you, and even keep up with you if you ride a bike! I couldn't have asked for more in this tiny package!

When we first got Bean he was scared of everything! He also hated being crated and he peed and popped everywhere! I have only had bigger dogs, so I had no idea what I was in for. We watch a lot of Dog Whisperer so I immediately went to work using some of Ceasar's techniques.

Now, Bean can be crated with no problem and no all-night barking. He also responds really well to the "ssssht" method when being corrected. He doesn't poop or pee everywhere anymore and he loves being outside. He also has done a lot better being around another dog (our big Australian cattle dog Otto).

All in all, it has been a great and heartwarming adventure. Sadly though, we have no choice but to give him back to the rescue since we are having to move. We are in the process of a short sale with our house and we are scheduled to move before Oct. 4th! Where we are moving too we can't take all 4 animals (2 dogs, including Bean, and 2 cats)...

I would love to see Bean get a forever home instead of going back to another rescue. If you're interested in fostering or accepting Bean into your home for forever please let me know ASAP! I will probably only  have him for about a week or so. After that he will be with another rescue. He would be perfect being the only pet in the house, but he's done pretty well being with 3 other animals. He also would be best without small kids, but he's been fine with our 2 and 4 year old. (He just is only snuggly with adults and the kids want to snuggle but Bean doesn't want too).

No comments:

Post a Comment