Welcome to the Healthy Bites Blog!!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A fancy bed and some costumes!!!



I have wanted to set some time aside to work on more complicated pet beds. Sewing a simple bed may not be the most difficult thing in the world, but it is time consuming. Working on a bed that has more details requires even more work, but as always, I had a great time making it. 

So, here is my latest bed. It's small but fancy. The beaded trim adds a touch of class to this polka dot cotton fabric. It's soft and comfortable. The funny thing about pet beds in the traditional pillow form is that they really aren't anything more than that, a pillow. My husband even asked me what I was making the pillow for. He assumed it wasn't a pet bed. It could be because it's smaller than my usual bed, but I didn't have enough trimming to make it any bigger. So, I figured, for my first trimmed bed in some time, this size was perfect. 

The ending product is 18 inches by 13 inches, approx, and it's sits 7 inches off the floor  (because it's jammed packed with stuffing!) Let me know what you think! :) 
Here's a corner shot of the fancy little bed...
Here's a full body picture... doesn't really do it justice. 
Here are the beads that hang from all sides of the bed. 


Ok now on to the new costumes. Some are pretty much only for smaller dogs, and some could be used with larger dogs. I wanted to have a picture of each costume on a dog, but I figured if I waited to blog about the costumes for those pictures than it would be Halloween before you heard about them. Oh, and the costumes can also be worn by cats too!! 

Here is the pumpkin costume. 
Another shot of the pumpkin costume. The hood that has the stem isn't pictured because it's folded under the costume.




This is China's best attempt at a "soldier" costume... I guess it could work... If you get some cool accessories to add (like some dog tags) it would really make this costume cool! 
This picture doesn't do this costume justice. The jacket is pretty cool and it makes the costume. You could use it without the hat and people would know your dog was a police dog for Halloween! The hat, though it looks like a top hat, can be worn a few different ways too. 


This is one of the costumes that is great for big and little dogs. It's the bandanna with a hat. The bandanna connects with velcro but that could easily be adjusted with ribbon for dogs with larger necks. I'm pretty sure we're using this one for our Australian Cattle Dog this year!
This cowboy costume is definitely a favorites and I might switch my Aussie into this one instead. It's the same concept as the pirate, bandanna and hat. It's cute because it's a clearly understood costume! Simple yet effective. I love it. 

This is China's variation of a fireman... It actually is a little more believable when you take the costume out of the package and see the yellow lines all down the jacket's back like reflective stripes. However, I would buy this costume and claim it to be a fisherman' costume... lol... It's cute. Oh and on this costume the hat is sewn to the jacket so it's more likely to stay on your pet's head versus the costumes that don't.


Well that's all for now. I know the costumes are simple but I assure you they will be really reasonably priced (like all my other products).  I will get these posted on my website soon but if you decide on one before they're available for purchase online just email me at healthybitedogtreats@live.com or call my cell at 909-806-5637.

Oh and before I forget, I will have them at tomorrow's market night in Redlands, so come on out and get one along with some freshly baked treats! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment